Table of Contents
Tifa Lockhart is one of the central characters in the Final Fantasy VII universe. She is a skilled martial artist and a member of the eco-terrorist group known as AVALANCHE, alongside Cloud Strife and Barret Wallace. Tifa is known for her caring and nurturing personality, often providing emotional support to her friends.
She operates the Seventh Heaven bar in the slums of Midgar, which serves as a cover for AVALANCHE's activities. Tifa has a close childhood friendship with Cloud and plays a significant role in his journey as they both seek to thwart the plans of the powerful Shinra Electric Power Company and its destructive exploitation of the planet's resources.
Tifa's combat abilities primarily revolve around her hand-to-hand combat skills, and she is a strong, reliable member of the party throughout the game. Her character is also known for her complex backstory and her connection to Cloud's past.
It’s great to see Tifa in Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis in a more casual setting in beaches and fighting watermelons. Having played the OG Final Fantasy VII game, Tifa is one of my favourite characters in the game because of her back story and always being there for Cloud during the bad and worse times. Before we go into the builds, let’s talk about one of Tifa’s limit break – Somersault:
Tifa's Somersault Limit Break – VERY UNDERRATED
Tifa's Somersault Limit Break is a powerful tool that can be used to debuff enemies and increase the damage output of your entire party. While it does less damage than her Water Kick Limit Break, it is more versatile and can be used to great effect in a variety of situations.
Here is a breakdown of how to use Tifa's Somersault Limit Break effectively:
- Use Somersault first, before your other party members use their Limit Breaks
- This will ensure that the enemy is debuffed and their defenses are lowered before your other party members attack
- Use Somersault against enemies that are strong against physical attacks. Somersault's debuffing effect will make these enemies more vulnerable to physical damage, allowing your other party members to deal more damage
- Use Somersault against enemies that are weak to magic attacks
- Somersault's debuffing effect will make these enemies more vulnerable to magic attacks, allowing your other party members to deal more damage
- Somersault’s charge speed is considerably low and can be triggered multiple times before other character’s limit breaks are charged up
Here is an example of how to use Tifa's Somersault Limit Break effectively:
- You are fighting a boss that is strong against physical attacks.
- You use Tifa's Somersault Limit Break to debuff the boss and lower its defenses.
- You then use your other party members' Limit Breaks to attack the boss.
- Because the boss is debuffed, your other party members will deal more damage than they would have if you had not used Tifa's Somersault Limit Break first.
- Overall, Tifa's Somersault Limit Break is a powerful tool that can be used to debuff enemies and increase the damage output of your entire party.
- By using it effectively, you can make your battles much easier and more efficient.
Here are some additional tips for using Tifa's Somersault Limit Break effectively:
- Use Somersault when the enemy is staggered. This will allow you to deal more damage and get the most out of the debuff effect.
- If you are using Tifa as a healer, you can use Somersault to debuff enemies while you are healing your party. This is a great way to contribute to the fight even when you are not healing.
- If you are using a party with multiple physical damage dealers, Somersault can be a great way to increase their damage output.
Builds for Tifa in Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis
Tifa is a well-rounded character in Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis. She has good physical damage, good magical damage, and access to some pretty cool debuffs. This means that she can be built in a variety of ways to suit your playstyle and the needs of your team.
Here are builds for Tifa that the team from evercrisis.gg came up with:
Pure Physical DMG Tifa
This build turns Tifa into a single-target physical damage dealing primary or secondary DPS character within your team. Both of her weapons have high damage modifiers, and the support materia gives her significant boost to her physical attack. This build benefits from a defense down debuff on enemies, so you may want to consider pairing Tifa with a character like Barrett who has this ability (or as we mentioned earlier, use somersault!).
Pure Magic DMG Tifa
This build focuses on Tifa's magical damage. Power Soul has a very high damage modifier, and Crystal Gloves gives Tifa access to an AOE attack. If you’re using Kaiser knuckles, Tifa will be able to debuff the enemy before launching Powersoul’s C-ability!
Debuffer & Healer Tifa
This build focuses on Tifa's debuffs. Tiger Fangs lowers enemy magic attack, while Leather Gloves lowers enemy physical attack. This build can be used to support your team by making enemies less dangerous.
In a rather defensive team, Tifa will be able to increase the team’s survivability by decreasing the total damage taken by each character with constant PATK/MATK debuff applications. Additionally, with Lifeguard Wraps Tifa can be that hybrid debuffer/healer for the team. You can equip either Tiger Fangs or Leather Gloves depending on which boss you are fighting, and equip Lifeguard Wraps as a secondary weapon to enable ‘Healing Waves’ in Tifa’s skill options.
This combo is very useful when you’re lacking weapons such as Prime Numbers and Fairy Tale in your collection because now you have Tifa as a healer and can debuff the enemy’s damage output while your DPS carry like Zack or Cloud can do their job without worries – Being a boss killer as they should.
The build you choose will depend on your playstyle and the needs of your team. If you're looking for a hard-hitting physical damage dealer, then the Pure Physical DMG Tifa build is a good option. If you're looking for a powerful magical damage dealer, then the Pure MDMG Tifa build is a good option. And if you're looking for a character that can support your team by debuffing enemies, then the Debuffer Tifa build is a good option.
Here are some additional tips for building Tifa:
- Consider pairing Tifa with characters who can buff her damage output, such as characters with defense down or magic defense down abilities.
- Consider pairing Tifa with characters who can debuff enemies, such as characters with paralysis or poison abilities.
- Upgrade Tifa's weapons and support materia as soon as you can.
- Experiment with different builds to see what works best for you and your team.